By Stephanie Martin
Imagine getting an email about a church activity that is requesting volunteer help, and not experiencing a ‘reply-all’ email storm. Also imagine easily signing up for that activity without having to figure out how to access a spreadsheet on the secure site. Both are possible with the help of www.VolunteerSpot.com.
We will be using VolunteerSpot at WUUC, effective immediately, to improve the overall engagement process – from coordination, to sign-up, to reporting. It will also help us be more organized as we continue to grow. Specific benefits include:
- Ability to easily find and sign-up for church-related volunteer opportunities – they are all in one location.
- Reduced burden on volunteer organizers – simple event creation, sharable in many ways, companion smart phone app & iPad clipboard functionality, automated reminders, easily see who has signed up / what spots remain. Who doesn’t mind getting time back?!
- Ability to generate reports.
- Get an in-person demo during coffee hour after service on April 10th.
- Start using VolunteerSpot – we’ve already got the following opportunities set up.
- Totes to Go
- Rummage Sale
- If you organize volunteers, contact Stephanie Martin, email@example.com to get your opportunity set up in VolunteerSpot.
How to search for and sign-up for an activity:
- Open VolunteerSpot
- Click the orange View button next to the activity you are interested in helping with (e.g. Totes to Go).
- Enter your email address. Note: it is NOT shared with third parties.
- Click on the Sign Up button for the specific task or item you’d like to help with (e.g. bringing Granola Bars).
- If applicable, use the plus and minus sign to select the number of items you’d like to bring.
- Leave a comment, if interested or appropriate.
- Scroll to the top or bottom of the page, and click the Save button to confirm.
- Enter your name, email, and phone number so the volunteer organizer can contact you if needed.