Hi all Women – old, young, cis, trans, all are welcome.
The election results have opened up a very deep need for sustained activism, and there is a corresponding hunger to connect and pitch in. The Women of WUUC now have a place to work to effect change together, support one another during the stressful times to come, and deepen our understanding of what our communities need and how to help.
We will meet twice a month:
- Afternoon: first Tuesday of the month, including Dec. 6, 3-4:30 p.m. in the library
- Evening: third Tuesday of the month, including Dec. 20, 6-7:30 p.m. in the library.
The afternoon meeting will focus on projects. We will decide as a group how to best use our time and group projects will be discussed and agreed upon. Possibilities for things to do are:
- Make calls to state and local politicians,
- Plan on attending things like demonstrations and town hall meetings, hearings in Olympia etc.
- Put together care packages
- Review and work on ballot measures
This evening meeting will focus on planning and support, and we will bring projects to the group and decide what to do to help. Meetings will be structured:
- Chalice lighting, ten minute worship
- Check in, covering personal matters and the status of our work
- Voting on group projects after reviewing them.
Come to one meeting, come to both, we expect the group to be fluid as people fit it into their lives.