- Do you sometimes feel that WUUC is a tiny island in a vast sea?
- Does the idea of a quiet, relaxing weekend (or an exciting, frenetic weekend — your choice) on the beautiful Hood Canal in spring sound like a good idea?
- Are you staying home with the kids while mom goes to the WUUC women’s retreat?
- Would your children enjoy a weekend in a place so safe that they could be free-range kids for a couple of days?
- Would you just like to meet UUs from other local congregations?
We have been invited to share a weekend, May 5, 6, and 7, on the lovely 90-acre campus of Seabeck Conference Center with 200 or so UUs from Shoreline, Westside (Seattle), Tahoma (Tacoma), Saltwater (Des Moines), Evergreen (Marysville), and Olympia.
The Rev. Amanda Aikman will be theme speaker for the morning program which will also include a full program for the children. Afternoons are devoted to workshops, informal gatherings and freelance loafing.
Housing ranges from borderline deluxe to historic buildings with shared bath. Meals are in the dining room of the Historic Inn — once home to the logging community when Seabeck was founded in the middle 1800s.
Registration will not open until early March. More details and much more information will be available in late January — or ask me about Seabeck at coffee hour (or any other time)