For more general information about our programs click here.
Sunday, January 29th
Find your child’s section below!
Volunteers this Sunday: Jennifer Ikeda (supervisor) and Pam Green
Youth: Collier and Ava
- Last Sunday: My World Has Birds!
- This Sunday: My World Has Water! Rain, Rain, Don’t Ever Go Away, Come Back Everyday. Our world is full of the life giving substance of water, we will explore the wonderful world of water this Sunday as we continue to expand our awareness of the world around us.
- Next Sunday: My World Has Darkness!
Spirit Jam/Kindergarten-5th Grade
Prophecy Jam! This month we begin our Jams again with the theme Prophecy. We will divide into three groups, K1-2/3-4-5 and explore the theme prophecy through stories of the Jewish prophet Jeremiah and the metaphor of the broken pot. Each jam will take a different look at the story through a variety of activities. Our youth will do a different Jam each Sunday.
(Building Bridges is a world religions program to deepen youth’s understanding of the dynamic, fascinating, and varied world in which they live. It seeks to broaden their knowledge of humanity and embolden their spiritual search.)
- Last Sunday: ASJ Scavenger Hunt!
- This Sunday: Buddhism! One of the most diverse religions in the world, what is Buddhism, who was the Buddha? How do you practice?
- Next Sunday: Taoism
Advisors this Sunday: Michael Lawson and Lindsay Rogers
Announcements for Jr. Youth:
(This year our youth will be focusing on project-based social justice learning. They will choose a project around either environmental justice, racial justice, lgbt equality, or some other topic. Together they will formulate a project and work together to learn about each issue while practically engaging the topic through project based learning.)
- Last Sunday: Gender Equity
- This Sunday:
Additionally, please remember that next week we will do the Advocates for Social Justice (ASJ) Diversity Scavenger Hunt at Safeway and Robin will lead us in a discussion about women and the media.
- What would “Jeannie” do in the toy store conversation
- Video about gender-less child
- How gender is portrayed in media, including trans women, women of color
- Gender in Education
- Gender and gaming culture
- Gender pay gap
- Gender Queer/Transgender + LGBT
- Cost of hygiene products by gender
- Next Sunday: Group project discussion
Advisors this Sunday: Ashley Lacy and Michael Cruz
PNWD SPAG YOUTH CON: Friday, March 10, 2017 – 6:00 pm PST to Saturday, March 11, 2017 – 6:00 pm PST. Register now, email is in your inbox from last week. Early registration deadline for the lower fee is this Sunday!