For more general information about our programs click here.
Sunday, November 20th
Find your child’s section below!
Volunteers this Sunday: Jennifer Ikeda (supervisor), Barbara Ramey
Youth: Collier and Avery
- Last Sunday: My World Has Fish! We explored under the sea, the wonderful creatures to discover just out of our sight.
- This Sunday: My World Has Animals! The next class in the Me and My World series is the discovery of furry and not so furry creatures that inhabit our world. There are so many animals that are in our lives that we barely pay attention to. This lesson, we hope to expand our children’s awareness to include the lovely creatures of the forest and fields.
- Next Sunday: My World Has Birds! Good transcendentalist children look up to see the creatures in the sky. All creatures in the earth and sky are part of my world.
Spirit Jam/Kindergarten-5th Grade
- This Month
Prophecy Jam! This month we begin our Jams again with the theme Prophecy. We will divide into three groups, K1-2/3-4-5 and explore the theme prophecy through stories of the Jewish prophet Jeremiah and the metaphor of the broken pot. Each jam will take a different look at the story through a variety of activities. Our youth will do a different Jam each Sunday.
(Building Bridges is a world religions program to deepen youth’s understanding of the dynamic, fascinating, and varied world in which they live. It seeks to broaden their knowledge of humanity and embolden their spiritual search.)
- Last Sunday: “Eastern” religions. This Sunday we will be introduced to the “Eastern” religions such as Taoism, Buddhism, Hinduism, Sufism, and etc. This will be a great class and you won’t want to miss this wonderful topic. Join us.
- This Sunday: Hinduism-What is this religion that westerners have learned to call Hinduism? What are its tenets, practices, teachings?
- Next Sunday: ASJ Scavenger Hunt, join us for this unique Sunday justice day. We will explore the surrounding Woodinville area an hunt for commerial products that are racially inclusive. We will then return and report back at our ASJ Social Justice Assembly gathering.
Advisors this Sunday: Erin Cohen and Michael Lawson
Announcements for Jr. Youth:
(This year our youth will be focusing on project-based social justice learning. They will choose a project around either environmental justice, racial justice, lgbt equality, or some other topic. Together they will formulate a project and work together to learn about each issue while practically engaging the topic through project based learning.)
- Last Sunday: We began the work of our Gender Equality project including a discussion of the ASJ event and how we can participate.
- This Sunday: Continue our project work…
- Next Sunday: Continue our project work…
Advisors this Sunday: Michael Cruz and Morgan Mason
Announcements: PNWD SPAG YOUTH CON: Friday, March 10, 2017 – 6:00 pm PST to Saturday, March 11, 2017 – 6:00 pm PST. Register now, email is in your inbox.