For more general information about our programs click here.
Sunday, January 22nd
* Wanting to take some action in light of recent events? Come This Sunday! What can we do as a busy family? Social Justice Assembly after church, children’s activities plan, please join us!
Find your child’s section below!
Volunteers this Sunday: Jennifer Ikeda (supervisor)
Youth: Henry and Anna
- Last Sunday: My World Has Animals! In last week’s lesson we expanded our children’s awareness to include the lovely creatures of the forest and fields.
- This Sunday: My World Has Air! When we breathe in we breathe in peace, when we breath out we breathe out love. This Sunday we explore the invisible and magical world of air that is always our constant companion.
- Next Sunday: Who is afraid of the dark? Not you after we talk about the beauty of the darkness that hides in the night and in the corners of our room.
Spirit Jam/Kindergarten-5th Grade
Prophecy Jam! This month we begin our Jams again with the theme Prophecy. We will divide into three groups, K1-2/3-4-5 and explore the theme prophecy through stories of the Jewish prophet Jeremiah and the metaphor of the broken pot. Each jam will take a different look at the story through a variety of activities. Our youth will do a different Jam each Sunday.
- Check out the flyer about the Family Service on Feb. 5th, its posted above.
(Building Bridges is a world religions program to deepen youth’s understanding of the dynamic, fascinating, and varied world in which they live. It seeks to broaden their knowledge of humanity and embolden their spiritual search.)
- Last Sunday: Hinduism-What is this religion that Westerners have learned to call Hinduism? What are its tenets, practices, teachings
- This Sunday: ASJ Scavenger Hunt, join us for this unique Sunday justice day. We will explore the surrounding Woodinville area an hunt for commerial products that are racially inclusive. We will then return and report back at our ASJ Social Justice Assembly gathering.
- Next Sunday: Buddhism! One of the most diverse religions in the world, what is Buddhism, who was the Buddha? How do you practice?
Advisors this Sunday: Erin and Scavenger Hunt Chaperones
Announcements for Jr. Youth:
(This year our youth will be focusing on project-based social justice learning. They will choose a project around either environmental justice, racial justice, lgbt equality, or some other topic. Together they will formulate a project and work together to learn about each issue while practically engaging the topic through project based learning.)
- Last Sunday: YRUU Circle and Group Project discussion with ASJ
- This Sunday: Scavenger Hunt at 11:45am and YRUU circle at 6pm to discuss project
- Next Sunday: Group project discussion
Advisors this Sunday: Ashley Lacy and Michael Cruz
PNWD SPAG YOUTH CON: Friday, March 10, 2017 – 6:00 pm PST to Saturday, March 11, 2017 – 6:00 pm PST. Register now, email is in your inbox.