For more general information about our programs click here.
Sunday, February 26th
Find your child’s section below!
- Last Sunday: My World Has Light!
- This Sunday: My World Has Sand and Soil! Spring is almost here, we can almost taste it! We will explore the fertile ground this Sunday that holds the blossoms of Spring throughout the Winter. We will try not to eat too much of the dirt.
- Next Sunday: My World Has Trees!
Staff this Sunday: Jennifer Ikeda (supervisor)
Volunteers: Rebecca Guthrie
Youth: Collier and Ava
Spirit Jam/Kindergarten-5th Grade
This month we will explore the theme identity. We begin with a family chapel where we will celebrate difference and identity together as families. Following the chapel we will have two workshop rotations at the end of the month, artjam and storyjam. In each there will be fun and engaging activities that help us find pride in our own identities and celebrate difference. (As well as a little yoga in our art class!)
(Building Bridges is a world religions program to deepen youth’s understanding of the dynamic, fascinating, and varied world in which they live. It seeks to broaden their knowledge of humanity and embolden their spiritual search.)
- Last Sunday: Mormonism and the Simpsons
- This Sunday: Fellowship Time: This Sunday we will take a break from our curriculum and gather for fellowship time.
- Next Sunday: Site visit to the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints next to the church. Service begins at 9 am. Meet at the church no later than 8:30 am and we will walk over.
Advisors this Sunday: Alaine Davis and Erin Cohen
(This year our youth will be focusing on project-based social justice learning. They will choose a project around either environmental justice, racial justice, lgbt equality, or some other topic. Together they will formulate a project and work together to learn about each issue while practically engaging the topic through project based learning.)
- Last Sunday: GA discussion and project plans
- This Sunday: Ongoing Gender Justice Project
- Next Sunday: Ongoing Gender Justice
Advisors this Sunday: Ashley and Morgan Mason
PNWD SPAG YOUTH CON: DEADLINE THIS SUNDAY!
Spring CON registration is open for business.
PNWD SPRING CON — RUUTS
APRIL 7-9, 2017
CAMP COLLINS, GRESHAM, OR
Early Bird Registration Deadline: March 8
Final Registration Deadline: March 22
We do not want the cost of Con to keep anyone from attending. To apply for a scholarship, go here.
RUUTS: Ground, Connect, Grow
Join youth and their adult sponsors from all over the PNWD for a weekend of fellowship, learning, and spiritual rejuvenation. Dig deep to discover how our roots–heritage, culture, race–influence ourselves, our relationships, and our communities. How do we talk about and learn from the pain and the privilege we inherit? Together, let’s ground, connect, and grow in our diversity.