For more general information about our programs click here.
Sunday, February 19th
Find your child’s section below!
Volunteers this Sunday: Jennifer Ikeda (supervisor) and Erika Kirkendale
Youth: Collier and Ava
- Last Sunday: My World Has Darkness!
- This Sunday: My World Has Light! Out of the darkness and into the light, Spring is upon us and it is time to explore the wonder fun world of light and sunshine. Appreciation for the seasons and time of day is an awareness that is grown at this age. Let us infuse that awareness with appreciation this Sunday.
- Next Sunday: My World Has Sand and Soil!
Spirit Jam/Kindergarten-5th Grade
This month we will explore the theme identity. We begin with a family chapel where we will celebrate difference and identity together as families. Following the chapel we will have two workshop rotations at the end of the month, artjam and storyjam. In each there will be fun and engaging activities that help us find pride in our own identities and celebrate difference. (As well as a little yoga in our art class!)
(Building Bridges is a world religions program to deepen youth’s understanding of the dynamic, fascinating, and varied world in which they live. It seeks to broaden their knowledge of humanity and embolden their spiritual search.)
- Last Sunday: Full Community Worship!
- This Sunday: Mormonism and the Simpsons. Who are our neighbors? What do they believe, who was Joseph Smith? Come learn about Mormonism with us in this Sunday’s neighboring faiths.
- Next Sunday: Full Community Worship
Advisors this Sunday: Danny Cohen and Erin Cohen
(This year our youth will be focusing on project-based social justice learning. They will choose a project around either environmental justice, racial justice, lgbt equality, or some other topic. Together they will formulate a project and work together to learn about each issue while practically engaging the topic through project based learning.)
- Last Sunday: Final plans for our group project
- This Sunday: First steps in our project, questions about General Assembly
- Next Sunday: Gender Justice
Advisors this Sunday: Ashley and Morgan Mason
PNWD SPAG YOUTH CON: Friday, March 10, 2017 – 6:00 pm PST to Saturday, March 11, 2017 – 6:00 pm PST. Register now, email is in your inbox from last week. Early registration deadline for the lower fee is this Sunday!
Spring CON registration is open for business.
PNWD SPRING CON — RUUTS
APRIL 7-9, 2017
CAMP COLLINS, GRESHAM, OR
Early Bird Registration Deadline: March 8
Final Registration Deadline: March 22
We do not want the cost of Con to keep anyone from attending. To apply for a scholarship, go here.
RUUTS: Ground, Connect, Grow
Join youth and their adult sponsors from all over the PNWD for a weekend of fellowship, learning, and spiritual rejuvenation. Dig deep to discover how our roots–heritage, culture, race–influence ourselves, our relationships, and our communities. How do we talk about and learn from the pain and the privilege we inherit? Together, let’s ground, connect, and grow in our diversity.