WOODINVILLE UNITARIAN UNIVERSALIST CHURCH
19020 Northeast Woodinville Duvall Road, Woodinville, WA 98077
Woodinville Unitarian Church is looking for a Director of Lifelong Learning starting July 1, 2018. We are a mid-size UU church located in the beautiful Pacific Northwest. The focus of our ministry is community and connection. Our ideal candidate will be passionate about twenty-first century faith formation for people of all ages and families of all types.
The Director of Lifelong Learning (DLL) is responsible for the vision, planning, management and oversight of religious education, childcare, and development programs for all ages. The DLL recruits, trains and leads a team of an employee (Nursery Lead) and volunteers consisting of nursery care providers, Religious Education and Lifelong Learning Committee, teachers, youth advisors, and the Insight Working Group (adult education). The DLL will collaboratively imagine the possibilities of full community worship and faith formation and support social advocacy goals. The DLL is responsible to the Minister (as supervisor) and to the Board of Trustees (as employer).
The DLL is to abide by the UUA Covenant on Ethics and the LREDA Professional Guidelines. The DLL serves as WUUC’s religious education representative at district, regional and perhaps national meetings. Some limited travel may be required. The DLL attends or provides input to position-related meetings.
The desired start date is July 1, 2018. A detailed position description is available on request.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Working knowledge of the functions and philosophy of UU religious education programs
- Skill in the coordination and effective use of volunteers
- Competence in using Word, Google Docs/Drive, Email, and spreadsheets
- Ability to learn and use database management software and electronic meeting systems
- Strong organizational and time management skills
- Ability to work independently and self-direct
- Ability to work well with others, collaborate, teach, train, lead, and inspire
- Ability to communicate effectively both orally and in writing
- Creativity in planning programs
Qualifications, Experience and Education
- Bachelor’s degree or higher, preferably in an education-related field
- 5 years minimum experience as an education professional, preferably on the staff of a UU congregation
- Experience as a member of a UU Congregation
Certifications and Credentials
- Member of LREDA (Liberal Religious Educators Association)
- Working on professional development, e.g., either have taken a certain number of Ren Modules or are in the credentialing program
Salary and Benefits
- This is an exempt, salaried, full-time position
- WUUC is committed to following UUA Fair Compensation Guidelines. Salary will depend on education and experience
- Premiums for medical, dental, disability, life insurance, and retirement UUA plans are provided
- Paid time off, floating holiday and holidays.
Submit a letter of application with a resume to: Woodinville Unitarian Universalist Church
PO BOX 111 – Woodinville, WA 98072 – or Email – Office@WUUC.org