Welcome to Soulful Exploration at WUUC! Please provide your child’s information here. (Nursery-12th grade) Even though we are meeting online, your registration helps us keep your child safe, keep track of your child’s participation, and keep you updated on programming. Register here.
Here at WUUC, child and youth safety is a priority of our ministry team and religious education committee. Our teachers and staff are background checked and sign a code of ethics, our teachers undergo yearly training on emergency procedures and policies, and we have healthy mandatory child-adult ratios. If you would like to learn more please email our Director of Lifelong Learning, Bridget Laflin, at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Age Groupings (Fall 2020):
- Elementary Religious Education (Pre-school to 5th grade) – 15 minute online mini-worship on Sunday mornings at 9:30AM and an online classroom available at any time.
- Junior Youth Group (6th-8th grades) 6 – 7PM on Sunday evenings
- High School Youth Group (9th-12th Grades) 7-8PM on Sunday evenings
We encourage children and their families to participate in an interactive mini-worship service from 9:30-9:45 on Sunday mornings and then move over to the full community worship service at 10AM. The beginning part of the 10AM worship service also includes a Time For All Ages that is generally enjoyed by children as well.
Preschool to 5th Grade:
We have combined a few curriculum this year to provide variety for the elementary students in our program. One program called CartUUns utilizes short Disney and Pixar films to explore spiritual and ethical issues. Another curriculum called Books and Cooks explores various cultures through story and food. We will also be incorporating elements of the Soul Matters curriculum as well as additional resources to support learning about social justice.
In order to provide a safe and convenient learning environment, we are offering an online classroom that is accessible at any time to our students. Every few weeks, there will be a packet of supplies available to pick up at the church (or we can mail them to you). The packet will include the necessary supplies to complete all of the crafts and activities demonstrated in the online classroom.
Junior Youth Group (Grades 6-8)
Junior Youth will meet over zoom on Sunday evenings at 6PM. They will use two of the same curriculum as the elementary students, with adaptations to make them more relevant and interesting to older students. One curriculum, called CartUUns utilizes short Disney and Pixar films to explore spiritual and ethical issues. Another curriculum called Books and Cooks explores various cultures through story and food. Junior youth will also have an opportunities to participate in monthly social justice actions with the Sr. Youth group and adult members of our social justice ministries.
Senior Youth will meet over zoom on Sunday evenings at 7PM.
- Once each month senior youth will be participating in a social justice project with junior youth and adult members from one of the justice ministries at WUUC.
- One weekend per month students will have the opportunity to attend an online youth conference with other youth from all over the western region
- Once per month, students will gather online to play games and hang out together.
- And finally, once a month we will be offering the Coming of Age program for youth in grades 9-11, while the seniors will have their own class to explore topics that will be useful to them as they prepare for bridging and entering adulthood.