At WUUC, we stand with communities of color who are the victims of police brutality and criminal incarceration at alarmingly higher rates than whites. Racism is alive and well in America. We actively support the movement for black lives. The Black Lives Matter sign at the base of our driveway is a symbol of our commitment to racial justice. It has been vandalized multiple times here in suburban Woodinville.
If you would like to donate to help support WUUC’s Social Justice mission, and help us continue as a voice for racial justice in our community, you can make an online donation with the link below. Donations will be used to support WUUC’s racial justice work, provide support for Black students and families in the Northshore School District, and maintain our sign.
We’re also asking that every time our sign is vandalized, 10 new people commit to putting up a Black Lives Matter sign in their yard or home. You can visit us on Facebook to tell us you’ve made the commitment.
Here are some things you can do to help fight for racial justice:
- Register for the June 20 Poor People’s Campaign online Moral March
- 75 things white people can do for racial justice
- 26 Ways to be in the Struggle Beyond the Streets
- Talking to Your Kid About Protesting
- Black People Need Stronger White Allies
- And here’s a great stack of books for your reading list.