Welcome to Soulful Exploration at WUUC! Please provide your child’s information here. (Nursery-12th grade) We ask that you visit us twice and register before attending the third time. Your registration helps us keep your child safe, keep track of your child’s participation, and keep you updated on programming. Register here.
Here at WUUC, child and youth safety is a priority of our ministry team and religious education committee. Our teachers and staff are background checked and sign a code of ethics, our teachers undergo yearly training on emergency procedures and policies, and we have healthy mandatory child-adult ratios. If you would like to learn more please speak with Jennifer Dwyer or Jan Radoslovich (REALL Committe Co-Chairs) on Sunday or email our Director of Lifelong Learning Bridget Laflin at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Age Groupings (Summer 2019):
- Nursery (birth through 2 yrs) 10:00 a.m. Meet in the Nursery.
- Preschool (3 – kindergarten) 10:00 a.m. Meet in the Nursery.
- Soulful Exploration (1st-8th Grades) 10:00 a.m. Meet in Portable 2
- High School Youth Group (9th-12th Grades) not meeting during the summer
On most Sunday mornings this summer, children will meet in their classrooms during the Sunday service
On Full Community Sundays, all children and youth are encouraged to attend and participate in Sunday services with adults. We at WUUC hear the noise of children as the beautiful sound of worship.
If you arrive late please make sure to sign your child in the attendance book located in the classroom. Please plan on picking up your children from Soulful at 11:15 a.m. This will give you time to enjoy some refreshments and meet other adults in the community.
We invite you to visit 2 Sundays so that you can determine if we are a fit for your children’s spiritual needs. After that we ask that you fill out the registration and safety information form for your child and/or youth. There is no fee to participate. To fill out the registration and safety information form please click here.
The WUUC Nursery strives to be a warm, welcoming, and safe place for children. In the nursery, your children will be invited to join in the opening Sharing Circle ritual, play with other children under the supervision of the nursery caregivers, and join the closing circle. The nursery opens at 9:45 am. Children of visitors are welcome.
Chalice Children delves deep into our Unitarian Universalist faith. It strives not just to teach about our faith, but also to provide experiences around the strength of community, the wonder and awe that transcend everyday understanding, and life issues we all share. Early childhood (the years between ages 2 and 5) is filled with curiosity and wonder. In a group setting, with loving adult guides, young children can engage in spiritual seeking, develop their openness to sharing, and experience the benefit of a supportive community. Their time in Chalice Children can set a pattern for the rest of their lives and bring lasting benefits.
Getting to know WUUC – Summer Program (1st-8th Grades)
Other Children’s Programming to be offered in 2019-2020 school year:
Our Whole Lives (OWL) – Kindergarten-1st Grade
Our Whole Lives (OWL) is a comprehensive sexuality education program led by specially trained volunteers. The program is offered for all ages and is inclusive and holistic in its approach. Click here for more detailed information on the Our Whole Lives Curricula
- Accurate information presented in developmentally appropriate ways
- Affective and emotional learning
- Guiding values and principles
- Activities that help participants clarify values and improve decision-making skills
- A safe and supportive peer group
- Acceptance of diversity
- A social justice approach to inclusive sexuality education
- Step-by-step instructions for program promotion, implementation, and facilitation
- Parent orientation that affirms parents as their children’s primary sexuality educators
- Facilitator trainings and continuing education to increase knowledge, skills, confidence
- Expert user support from OWL Program Associate (UUA) and OWL Program Coordinator (UCC)
- Sexuality and Our Faith, an optional religious supplement for use in Unitarian Universalist and United Church of Christ settings.