Welcome to Soulful Exploration at WUUC! Please provide your child’s information here. (Nursery-12th grade) We ask that you visit us twice and register before attending the third time. Your registration helps us keep your child safe, keep track of your child’s participation, and keep you updated on programming. Register here.
WUUC youth practice radical inclusivity among their peers, welcoming all who comes to participate. There are many opportunities for youth to be involved in all aspects of church life – as musicians, sound engineers, ushers, worship associates and on various task forces or committees of their interest. Junior and Senior Youth have the opportunity to participate in youth conferences with other UU youth in the area as well as engage in social justice work in the wider community.
Youth Groups serve our youth in middle and high school and focus on 8 strands of development: leadership, connection across ages, spiritual development, beloved community, justice making, pastoral care, faith exploration and identity formation. There is no registration fee to participate, but all youth’s parents must complete the registration and safety information form online.
YRUU (Young Religious Unitarian Universalists – Grades 9-12)
senior youth will be taking the summer off from classes, but we are planning some gatherings throughout the summer. We will be gathering for fun, social activities as well as at least one social justice event.
During the school year, Sr. Youth meet weekly on Sunday evening for fellowship, worship, sharing, justice work and fun. This year our youth will be focusing on project-based, social justice learning. The group chooses a project around environmental justice, racial justice, LGBTQIA+ equality, or some other relevant justice topic. Together, they formulate a project plan, learn about the political landscape surrounding their chosen justice issue, and complete the project by the end of the school year.
Other Youth Programming to be offered in 2019-2020 school year:
OWL Junior High School (8th-9th grade)
Our Whole Lives (OWL) is a comprehensive sexuality education program led by specially trained volunteers. The program is offered for all ages and is inclusive and holistic in its approach. Click here for more detailed information on the Our Whole Lives Curricula
- Accurate information presented in developmentally appropriate ways
- Affective and emotional learning
- Guiding values and principles
- Activities that help participants clarify values and improve decision-making skills
- A safe and supportive peer group
- Acceptance of diversity
- A social justice approach to inclusive sexuality education
- Step-by-step instructions for program promotion, implementation, and facilitation
- Parent orientation that affirms parents as their children’s primary sexuality educators
- Facilitator trainings and continuing education to increase knowledge, skills, confidence
- Expert user support from OWL Program Associate (UUA) and OWL Program Coordinator (UCC)
- Sexuality and Our Faith, an optional religious supplement for use in Unitarian Universalist and United Church of Christ settings.